Following up on Ed Ralph suggestion, cleaning has to be done regularly. Instead of cleaning, I went for performance optimization.
In less than 3h I could optimize the execution time by ~35%.
Going forward I’ll try to make Performance-Friday a regular thing.
Below you find my notes and what I did,
Starting Performance: ~573 MS
Reduce SOQL Querries -> Three Querries avoided
Result: ~456 MS
Avoid Describe call by using Custom Metadata
Result: ~430 MS
Use new static Metada Methods instead of SOQL
Thanks, Amit Chaudhary for your Blog Post
Result: ~361 MS
– Use Platform Cache for Static Resources URL
I know, the performance of APEX execution performance is controlled by so many different factors direct comparison is always dangerous.
PS: In case you want to try the new version and see the performance improvements yourself.